Landmark School will continue to provide fresh, healthy, balanced meals each day through SAGE Dining Services. During the COVID-19 pandemic, the following guidelines have been established to ensure each student's safety.
- Anyone entering the dining room will be required to sanitize their hands and adults will monitor for compliance.
- SAGE Dining Services will implement safety measures regarding the preparation and serving of meals, including kitchen staff wearing approved masks and gloves.
- Meals will be served in the dining hall according to Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) and other state guidelines, depending upon the phased opening of state.
- Meals will be staggered to limit the number of occupants in the dining room at any point in time.
- Lunch will be extended over the course of multiple hours and shifts to limit the number of people in the dining hall at any given time.
- Self-service will be eliminated. Meals will be served by dining staff, and pre-made salads and sandwiches will be provided.
- Recyclable and disposable plates and utensils will be utilized for the time being to prevent the sharing of utensils.
- The dining hall will be reorganized to create a one-way flow of traffic and to maintain six-foot social distancing.
- Extra tables and chairs will be removed to maintain social distancing.
- Two tents will be installed on the Alexander lawn to expand the seating area and to encourage outdoor seating. Tents will have heating units for the cooler months.
- Plexiglass will be installed in the dining and serving areas based on the guidance of the DESE.
Information as of August 4, 2020.