Landmark Elementary•Middle School is committed to providing a safe, healthy school environment. It is required that face coverings are worn indoors by everyone when on the Landmark campus. We ask that all students, faculty and staff, parents/guardians, and visitors adhere to this policy. Failure to comply with this safety policy will result in the request to leave campus.
Research by the CDC continues to show that COVID-19 spreads primarily through person-to-person contact as respiratory droplets are spread by coughing, sneezing, and even talking. In addition, studies show that there is significant spread of the virus by asymptomatic people who may not know that they are infected, and that viral particles can remain in the air or on surfaces for multiple hours to days. A recent study, conducted at Duke University, rated masks for effectiveness. As we begin to occupy campus, it is our responsibility as individuals, and as a community, to not only protect ourselves but to protect those around us.
- Face coverings may be 2- or 3-ply fabric or medical disposable. You may use your own covering or one provided by the school. Due to safety issues and concerns, neck gaiters, buffs, cloth masks with one-way valves, and bandanas are not permissible.
- Face coverings may be removed when outdoors and at least six feet away from others (mask breaks, walking, and recess).
- Face coverings may be removed when you are alone in your own office, but a window should be open or air conditioner on to circulate fresh air. You should also close your office door.
- Face coverings may be removed when actively eating or drinking (6-foot physical distancing is maintained and you should refrain from facing others while eating unless a barrier is present).
- Face coverings may be removed when outdoors and at least six feet away from others.
- Remove your face covering by touching the side loops or ties, and place in a designated area (on a napkin or paper towel when being placed on a table/desk).
- A clean face covering should be used to start each day. If your face covering gets damp, replace it with a clean one.
- Cloth face coverings can be washed at home in hot, soapy water and left to air dry.
- All scheduled essential campus visitors are required to follow this policy while on campus. Those who enter buildings without a face covering will be asked to leave.
- Face coverings are required outdoors when 6-foot physical distancing can not be maintained.
Exceptions: Individuals who are unable to wear a cloth face covering due to a medical or behavioral condition, or disability, may wear an alternate face covering, such as a face shield. Employees, students, or campus visitors who require accommodations should communicate with health services through Shari Gallant, RN, email@example.com (EMS campus) or Jessica Fauci, RN, Director of Nursing, firstname.lastname@example.org