Your student's transition to high school is an exciting time. If you are considering Landmark High School, the Admission Office looks forward to working with you during the application process. Many families ask why there is an application process to the High School when their student already went through the process once. Here are a few reasons why we have the process in place:
- The High School is a diploma-granting institution. We need to have every confidence that students entering the program will meet the graduation requirements and be successful members of the High School community.
- Landmark strives to admit mission-appropriate students who we feel will make gains during the program. If a student’s learning, cognitive, or emotional profile has changed since they entered Landmark, we need to then evaluate carefully a student’s potential for success at the High School or if they will be better served in a different academic environment.
- The High School campus is expansive with buildings spread out over 27 acres. It is a bustling and busy place with double the number of students and faculty than at the Elementary•Middle School. It has a different feel to it. A level of independence is expected of students, and we look carefully at their potential to socially navigate a larger community.
The EMS/HS Admission Process Timeline
Here is what to expect during your student’s eighth grade school year:
The High School transition application will be emailed to parents.
High School Virtual Transition Night: Meet High School Administrators.
- Transition application is due November 1. Transition Application Form to be filled out.
- A link to the Student Statement Form will be emailed to your student in late November. The Student Statement should be completed before your student's interview in early December.
- Attend a Virtual High School Informational visit. These are held monthly, and the dates and times are on the Visit Us page of the website.
Virtual High School Information Session for Students: Thursday, November 19, during second period.
Interviews will be conducted remotely and will be scheduled during your student's school day. They last approximately 20 minutes.
Admission decisions are sent during the last week of the month to families whose applications are complete.*
Campus visits: Students tour the High School campus and meet administrators. We will determine if these tours will take place remotely or on-campus at a later date.
*Note: If your student's updated testing is scheduled later in the spring, we will hold a spot for your student and send an admission decision once the testing has been received and reviewed.
Please feel free to contact the Admission Office, 978-236-3011, at any time with questions about the process. We look forward to working with you and your student.