Based on careful, even agonizing, evaluation of all factors, Landmark’s Administration and Board of Trustees have concluded that we will not be able to house boarding students on campus in September. We remain committed to reopening the residential program as soon as we can do this safely and responsibly. We arrived at this decision with deep regret, yet made it based on our primary priority and obligation to the health and safety of everyone in our community.
We've provided detailed information and guidelines for students participating remotely in the on-campus program:
- Teachers will use Google Meet in conjunction with Google Classroom or Canvas.
- Students participating remotely will join each class following the regular schedule starting at 7:50 a.m. EST and ending at 3:13 p.m. (see a timetable below). For those students who live in a time zone that would require them to participate in class before 7 a.m., we will provide them a recording of the Google Meet.
- At the beginning of each class, remote students will join the Meet and will be able to “see” their classmates and the board with the help of a tablet display in the classroom on a moveable stand. This will allow the teacher to have remote students participate in class discussion or see notes on the board. Students will have full access to all shared documents and articles/chapters as class progresses.
- Teachers will initiate milkbreak or after-school office hours to discuss questions from class or provide additional support.
- Advisors will schedule weekly check-ins with remote students and can provide more frequent support as needed.
- Recommended materials for remote learning:
- Laptop with webcam
- Headphones (not required for remote learning)
- Binder (recommend 2” or 3”)
- Dividers (3-4 sets with at least 5 tabs each)
- Lined (college or wide rule)
- Notecards (3x5 or 4x6)
- Pens, pencils, highlighters (multiple colors)
- Small white board (8x10 or similar) and dry erase markers
- Glue stick
- Hole punch
- Colored pencils
Daily Class Schedule (all times EST)
Click on the schedule for a printable version.
See the Fall 2020 Academics page for details about the academic program and schedules for the Expressive Language, Founders, and Prep programs.
In a hybrid program with day students on campus and residents remote, all students will follow the schedule above.