Navigating the IEP Process: Tips for Parents
Landmark360.org curated several articles from Understood.org that help parents navigate the often confusing, frustrating, and painstaking process of developing, implementing, and monitoring a child's IEP. Thank you to Understood.org for sharing their content.
- Questions to Ask Before and During Your Child’s IEP Meeting
- 5 Important Things to Do After an IEP Meeting
- 6 Tips to Make Sure Your Child’s IEP Is Implemented Properly
- How to Organize Your Child’s IEP Binder
Below are links to sites that explain the federal laws and regulations governing the education of students with disabilities.
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA): https://sites.ed.gov/idea/about-idea/
- IEPs: IDEA Regulations: https://idea.ed.gov/explore/view/p/,root,dynamic,TopicalBrief,10,.html
- Free Appropriate Public Education for Students With Disabilities: Requirements: https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/docs/edlite-FAPE504.html
- Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) Overview: https://www.ed.gov/esea
- Highly Qualified Teachers: IDEA Regulations: https://idea.ed.gov/explore/view/p/,root,dynamic,TopicalBrief,20,.html