Anxiety, Stress, and Learning
The number of students who experience anxiety has reached alarming rates. According to the National Institute of Mental Health, about 32% of adolescents have been diagnosed with anxiety. The National College Health Assessment reports that 64% of college students have experienced “overwhelming anxiety” in the past 12 months. We compiled a multi-part series about students, stress, and anxiety to help you better understand anxiety and stress and to suggest ways to manage them.
- Stress and Anxiety: An Overview, Their Effect on Learning, and Strategies for Mitigation
- Students Embrace the Sounds of Silence: Landmark Elementary•Middle School students participate in a Relaxation Response program each morning.
- Overcoming Anxiety in the Classroom
- Using Mindfulness to Reduce Stress and Anxiety
- Tips for Coping with Anxiety
- The Relationship Between Language-Based Learning Disabilities and Anxiety