Transition Planning: Sophomore Year
Understanding Your Learning Profile
The transition activities during sophomore year focus on understanding yourself as a learner. A solid understanding of your learning profile will be essential as you plan the future. In addition, you should begin to expand yourself by engaging in new activities or seeking leadership opportunities.
Academic Year Checklist
- Continue your involvement in extracurricular activities at school and in your community.
- Look for opportunities to demonstrate leadership skills.
- Engage in community service through the Chaplain’s office or your community.
- Develop a stronger understanding of your learning profile. Attend the Sophomore Saturday School workshop on learning.
- Update your working résumé with new activities, awards, etc.
- Review your working résumé to identify possible areas of weakness that can be addressed.
- Meet with your Academic Advisor to discuss goals, academic progress, and course selection for the upcoming year.
- Participate in annual review/IEP meeting.
- Get a job or volunteer at an organization.
- Read and write!
- Look for opportunities to explore your interests: summer courses, travel, workshops.