Transition Planning: Sophomore Year
Understanding Learning Styles
The transition activities during sophomore year focus on helping students understand themselves as learners. A solid understanding of one's learning style will be essential as students plan the future. In addition, students should begin to expand themselves by engaging in new activities or seeking leadership opportunities.
Academic Year Checklist for Students
- Continue your involvement in extracurricular activities at school and in your community.
- Look for opportunities to demonstrate leadership skills.
- Engage in community service through the Chaplain’s office or your community.
- Develop a stronger understanding of your learning profile. Attend the Sophomore Saturday School workshop on learning.
- Update your working résumé with new activities, awards, etc.
- Review your working résumé to identify possible areas of weakness that can be addressed.
- Meet with your Academic Advisor to discuss goals, academic progress, and course selection for the upcoming year.
- Participate in annual review/IEP meeting.
Summer Checklist for Students
- Get a job or volunteer at an organization.
- Read and write!
- Look for opportunities to explore your interests: summer courses, travel, workshops.