Fall Sports Season Underway
The fall High School sports season is in full swing, with teams taking to the field, court, course, and trails to practice and compete. Games and matches began this week.
Participation in fall athletics is as healthy as it's ever been, with 152 of our 310 students signed up for boys and girls varsity and JV soccer, coed cross country, golf, and varsity and JV volleyball.
Sixty-seven of 115 registered girls signed up for interscholastic sports, making this one of the most well-attended fall seasons for girls athletics! The robust participation by Landmark’s female population necessitated the last-minute addition of JV soccer and volleyball teams.
"It is terrific to see so many kids come out and get involved in our athletic programming. In particular, we’re thrilled to see the high number of girls coming out for volleyball and soccer!," said Athletic Director Brook Sumner. "Sports are such a great way to become involved in a community and offer a real practical setting to work on important lifelong skills."
New Schedule Format
The athletic department has moved away from ScheduleStar for scheduling, and now publish our athletic game schedules on the team pages of our site. We think this will be a much-improved experience for users. Click on the team to find the schedule, general information about the team, coach biographies, and images.
Here is an explanation of each field on the schedule:
- Date and time are self-explanatory.
- Event: Events that begin with vs are home. Away events begin with @.
- Location: An orange bus icon indicates an away event. Click on the bus for the event address and a map.
- A green house icon indicates a home event. Not every home competition is on the Landmark campus, so please click on the house for the exact location of the event.
- More Info: Click on the gray info icon to see important details about the event, including dismissal time, return time, if meals will be held, and if students will eat on the road. You can ignore Status: pending. The more info icon appears on some home games. This usually indicates that students will be dismissed early. If no icon appears at home games, assume regular dismissal time.
- Results: We will post results shortly after each competition.
We’re excited about the season and the great potential of our athletes. Please come out and support our athletes whenever possible.