• Early Release Day: Friday, 9/22
• New Parent Reception: Monday, 9/25
• The school year is underway with an enrollment of 165 students (51 elementary and 114 middle school).
• Landmark is pleased to welcome once again a study group of Japanese educators including two members who are making a return visit from last year. Kazuki Tani, a professor at Tamagawa University in Tokyo, and Takayuki Ono, an Elementary Special Education Teacher, were part of a visiting group last September. This year, Professor Tani is leading a team of six educators. Their visit is part of a greater context of visits from Japanese special education professors, researchers, and teachers dating back four decades!
On Wednesday, the group will fly into Boston and visit Landmark EMS on Thursday September 21st and Landmark High School on Tuesday the 26th. In between their two Landmark dates, they will visit public schools in Manchester and Marblehead thanks to the hospitality of the Special Education teams in those districts. Two members will depart over the weekend and two other members will fly into Boston to join the group Saturday.
Their hope is to observe Landmark reading and mathematics methods and apply their knowledge to help students with language-based learning differences in Japan.
• Curriculum Night will be held on Wednesday, October 4th from 6:30 to 8:15 PM. This is an opportunity to hear from Department Heads about the instructional approaches at Landmark's elementary and middle school programs. Mark your calendars!