Founded in 1983, Tot Spot was developed by a group of parents who were teachers and administrators at Landmark School to provide employees with on-site, high quality childcare. The center later expanded to include children from the larger North Shore. High School students taking Early Childhood Development courses utilize Tot Spot as a living laboratory for their program practicum. Several students have gone on to be early childhood educators or in the early childhood and care field.
Tot Spot Philosophy
- Tot Spot is a child-centered program. We recognize the various developmental stages experienced by children as they grow and teach each child according to his/her developmental level and needs. Children learn through play. Therefore, many of our activities are play oriented. Our program offers each child a range of play and learning experiences that foster self-reliance, self-expression, responsibility, and cooperation.
We strive to help each child develop by:
- Building self-confidence
- Fostering independence by providing a nurturing and supportive environment
- Encouraging exploration and discovery
- Teaching through positive approaches
- Presenting opportunities for making decisions and choices where natural consequences exist
- Providing group and individual play
- Encouraging creativity
- Providing opportunities for success and confidence in all curriculum areas
- Encouraging social interaction with peers
- Providing resources for problem solving
Each child is different. We adapt our objectives to meet individual needs. Our universal goal is to create a warm, nurturing environment where children feel secure and happy. This creates a positive learning experience.
To contact Tot Spot, call 978-236-3333 or e-mail email@example.com